Traditional KATA performed by the best achievable spirits, techniques and physical strength!
The ultimate match for one shot competed by the best achievable spirits, techniques and physical strength!
The final ultimate shot created by the strength of whole body and spirits!
Japan Karate Association (JKA) was established by the closest students of master FUNAKOSHI Gichin, the founder of Shotokan-ryu Karate-do. Master NAKAYAMA Masatoshi was one of those main founders of JKA and became the first prime Shihan of Shotokan-ryu.
He made further development of Shotokan-ryu based on instantaneously exploded maximum impact power as the essence of all the techniques. That essence of the orthodox Karate-do we can watch at its All Japan Karatedo Championship Tournament.
We recorded those attractive and impressive techniques shown at the competition into 3 titled VOD.
We provide three titled VOD as 1. Kata competition by men 2. Kata competition by women 3. Kumite competition. You can also order a full set including all those three titles.
The All Japan Karatedo Championship Tournament will be held in the two days as 2nd and 3rd June at Tokyo Metropolitan Gymnasium. This tournament is organised by the Japan Karate Association which was founded by supreme students of master GICHIN FUNAKOSHI, the founder of Shotokanryu Karate.
Karate competition will be held in Tokyo Olympics in 2020 which will be the first time Karate competition will appear as a formal Olympic game. That Tokyo Olympics will be held after two years from now.
The original stating point for this remarkable historic event could be the first All Japan Karatedo Championship Tournament which was held in October 1957 in Tokyo Metropolitan Gymnasium, organised by the Japan Karate Association. At that time people investigated how kick and punch, the most fundermental techniques of Karate, could be performed so properly as a ultimate blow to the opponent which decides winning or losing of the competition. In Japanese it is called as "Kime". The concept of this Kime is based on the characteristic idea of Karate, to defeat the opponent completely by one blow. It is the ultimate goal of Karate to realize this Kime.
People keep trainning Karate's techniques quite concentrated and condensed way so that they can realize this Kime. Accordingly the rule Sun Tome was settled so that people can perform their skill in a safe way. By this Sun Tome rule all the people who compete Kumite have to stop their punch and kick just before it hits the opponent's body. This is the exact point by which Karate as Budo clearly distinguish itself from other sports Karate where people compeat by gaining more points.
During the tournament which takes over that original starting concept and where people compete by Kumite and Kata, you will find several young Karate masters who might open the new page of Karate's history. Your eyes will be the witnesses of the history.
Hopefully everybody will enjoy this 61st All Japan Karatedo Championship Tornament which has the biggest scale and longest history with full contents via our LIVE broadcasting.
1. 1st and 2nd match: win or lost for each coupled two persons by appointed Kata performance (Heian Nidan-Godan, Tekki Shodan)
2. 3rd match: win or lost for each coupled two persons by selected Kata performance (Bassaidai, Kankudai, Enpi, Jion)
3. Semifinal match: competed by gained points for the best 16 members by selected Kata performance (Bassaidai, Kankudai, Enpi, Jion)
4. Final match: competed by gained points for the best 8 members by own freely desided Kata performance
1. Duration of a match: 2 minutes
2. Win and lost is decided by Ippon (2 Waza Ari makes one Ippon)
3. Infringement: 3 times warning/out of court makes the opponent win
Well controlled and enough destructive blow i.e. punch, kick or hit, which is stoped just before touching the opponent's body. A slightly touching of such blow to the opponent's body might be acceptable.【Infringements】
1. Real blow to the opponent’s body and hit by rotating fist, such as back hand blow by turning
2. Dangerous throw such as throw down the opponent by his head or back to floor, such as Back Drop
3. Head butt, attack by reversal joints techniques, attack to testicles